Ivan E. ShawOf Counsel
Ivan Shaw was raised in the Air Force as a youth and has literally traveled the world as a result. In 1997, Ivan chose to settle in Michigan after graduating from Washington State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science.
In 2001, Ivan graduated cum laude from Thomas M. Cooley Law School. Upon graduation, Ivan established his own law firm in Bay City, MI with a primary focus on Family Law and Estate Planning.
In 2002, Ivan was brought on to assist Hess, Hess & Kmetz, PC, in Grand Rapids, MI, to further advance their affiliation with the American Divorce Association for Men (ADAM) and to pursue justice for men in Family Law.
In addition to Family Law, Ivan was appointed to handle the more complex Estate Planning and Probate issues for Hess, Hess & Kmetz, PC and as a result, over the years, has developed a very reputable practice in this regard.
Ivan works with Arnson VanTol on a part-time bases as “of counsel.”
Ivan is a highly skilled advocate who continues to apply his knowledge and experience to protect men's rights both in Family Law as well as other areas of the law.
Ivan has represented male clients all over Michigan including the following counties: Kent, Ionia, Barry, Montcalm, Mecosta, Cass, Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, Ottawa, Allegan, Kalamazoo, Calhoun, Berrien, St. Joseph and Van Buren.
- State Bar of Michigan, Family Law and Probate & Estate Planning Sections, 2001 - Present
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Family Law and Probate & Estate Planning Sections, 2001 - Present
- IACP, Member
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals of West Michigan, Member
- Collaborative Practice Institute of Michigan, Member
- Michigan, 2001 U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 2004
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan J.D. cum laude - 2001
- Washington State University B.A. - 1997 Major: Political Science