There are lots of reasons to stay married even when the relationship is not going well. However, there are risks to staying in too long. Here are some reasons.
1) Your spouse is more likely to steal
2) Both of you are more likely to be unfaithful
3) Longer marriages can lead to longer spousal support
4) Trust dissipates
5) Domestic violence is more likely
6) The level of animosity may increase
7) Your spouse may be waiting to start a divorce when circumstances favor her and not you.
Shaw Law Group attorneys fight battles that could have been avoided. If you are considering divorce meet with us so that we can help you avoid these and the other pitfalls of divorce.
In this recent New York Times article titled "In a Divorce, Who Gets Custody of Electronic Data? The Lawyers" potential divorce clients are warned about putting embarrassing personal information about themselves on their computers. It is also important to remember that being aggressive with an electronic investigation of your spouse may create a real advantage.